English
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Chicago Cubs re
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Chicago Cubs re

WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Chicago Cubs re 4 months ago #576

The Cubs went way behind Albert Pujols Jersey , then almost caught up."capsChicago Cubs minor leaguesChicago Cubs essaysChicago Cubs game threadsWrigley Field renovationsFull archiveLibrary Bleed Cubbie Blue Community GuidelinesCurrent time in ChicagoBCB Specials & Site InfoWinter 2019 music threadsCubs StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Cubs newsYahoo Cubs team pageYahoo Cubs reportYahoo Cubs depth chartYahoo Cubs transactionsYahoo Cubs photosOdds Shop About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub 鉁旵hicago Cubs recapsChicago Cubs spring trainingRoyals 8, Cubs 6: A tale of two gamesNew,3commentsThe Cubs went way behind, then almost caught up.CDTShareTweetShareShareRoyals 8, Cubs 6: A tale of two gamesAmanda JuechIn 2016, the Cubs did not have a first- or second-round draft pick because of the signings of John Lackey and Jason Heyward.So their first pick that year was third-round righthander Thomas Hatch out of Oklahoma State. Hatch pitched last year at Double-A and had a decent year (3.82 ERA, 1.309 WHIP in 26 starts).Tuesday night was the first time he pitched in a big-league spring game, and it was not successful. Hatch was pounded for six hits, two walks, eight runs (seven earned) and a home run and though the Cubs mounted a late comeback, they lost 8-6 to the Royals, fielding a team of subs and non-roster guys against a Kansas City team that featured most of their regulars. I didn’t go to this game so watched it along with you via the Fox Sports Kansas City feed.There are a couple of highlights from this game worth a look. First is this long home run [VIDEO] by Mark Zagunis that was the Cubs’ first run.Your browser does not support HTML5 video.And Mike Trout Jersey , here’s a slick diving catch [VIDEO] by Johnny Field.Your browser does not support HTML5 video.As I’ve noted before, Field is an intriguing player. If he could learn to strike out less, he could be a good fifth outfielder, even on a contending team. He’s got surprising power and plays defense well at all three outfield positions. For now, he’s likely headed to Iowa to be a replacement on the Cubs’ big-league roster if there are injuries.After Hatch left the game, six Cubs relievers combined to throw six shutout innings and allow just two hits with seven strikeouts. They also walked five, though, and that’s been an issue particularly for Dillon Maples (two of the five walks). Allen Webster, who has an outside shot at the Opening Day roster, didn’t walk anyone.Among Cubs who will be on that OD roster eight days from now, Victor Caratini was 2-for-3, including a triple. That’s about it for this split-squad game. The Cubs will play again at night on Wednesday http://www.angelsfanproshop.com/authentic-zack-cozart-jersey , when they host the Dodgers at Sloan Park. Cole Hamels will pitch at Sloan for the first time, and Julio Urias will go for the Dodgers. Game time is 9:05 p.m. CT. TV coverage will be via the Dodgers network SportsNet LA, and that broadcast will be live on MLB Network. There will also be an audio webcast via cubs.com. The game preview for tonight’s game will post here at 7 p.m. CT. SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) — Matt Harvey has spent six years in the major leagues and will turn 30 years old on March 27, but the Los Angeles Angels pitcher said he felt as if he was making his first big league start on Wednesday.Harvey gave up one run and two hits over three innings against the Colorado Rockies in his first spring training outing with his new team. The right-hander, slowed this year because of a glute strain, threw 44 pitches. His fastball reached 95.6 mph.“There were definitely some nerves,” Harvey said. “I texted a few people before the game. I said, ‘Man, I feel like I’m 21 years old again, starting my baseball career in the big leagues. It was fun. It was good to finally get out there. I was pretty bummed about missing those three days early in camp. I think after today, I’m pretty much caught up.”“Overall Garrett Richards Jersey , it was a good outing,” Angels manager Brad Ausmus said.Harvey was 7-9 with a 4.94 ERA in 28 starts and four relief appearances last season with the New York Mets and Cincinnati. He signed an $11 million, one-year contract with the Angels this offseason.“It’s the first time I’ve been in Arizona for spring, being with a new team for spring training,” Harvey said. “I think finally being healthy and throwing the ball the way I want to, it feels like I’m starting over again. It’s kind of nice having that feeling.”Harvey retired the Rockies in order in the first, then gave up a leadoff double to Trevor Story in the second on a curveball. Story scored on Raimel Tapia’s sacrifice fly. Tony Wolters also hit a lead off double off Harvey in the third.Angels catcher Jonathan Lucroy called for more curves, a pitch that Harvey said he hasn’t felt comfortable throwing in the past. That may change. Harvey was happy with his slider, too.“Once that starts working, that’s how I’ve had my success in the past,” Harvey said. “Being able to work that in, hopefully the curveball catches up and we’ll have a couple more looks.”He did peek at the radar gun readings on the stadium scoreboard a few times.“It’s still early http://www.angelsfanproshop.com/authentic-zack-cozart-jersey ,” Harvey said. “I think getting more comfortable and being free and easy and letting yourself go and not be so mechanical, then things will start coming out a little easier.”NOTES: LHP Andrew Heaney is to make his second start on Friday. He had missed a scheduled outing because of elbow inflammation. … Justin Upton (knee tendinitis) was on track to get into a game soon, Ausmus said. … Two-way player Shohei Ohtani is still limited to soft toss as he rehabilitates from Tommy John surgery. There’s no timetable for the next step. “I just want him to stay on the program we have,” Ausmus said. “He’s a new case study because he’s a pitcher who is also a designated hitter. We don’t want to risk either parts of that career.” Ohtani was expected to be able to hit this year and pitch in 2020. “I think of them, the hitting program and pitching program, as two separate programs,” Ohtani said through an interpreter. … Ausmus learned how to say “good morning” from the Japanese media on Wednesday. … Ausmus turns 50 in April but he’s feeling even older these days. “I played with Tony Gwynn, and played against his son,” Ausmus said. “I played with Cecil Fielder, I played against his son. Now I managed Torii Hunter and now I’m managing his son (Torii Hunter Jr.). I’m getting up there.”
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds